USB Network Drivers for Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and 7
Thesycon’s USB network drivers provide a network adapter emulation on Windows operating systems by implementing the specific network protocol on USB.
Thesycon offers drivers for the following Ethernet emulation protocols:
USB CDC/ECM Class Driver
This driver works with devices that are compliant to the Communication Device Class (CDC) specification, subclass for Ethernet Control Model (ECM) devices.
USB CDC/NCM Class Driver
This works with devices that are compliant to the Communication Device Class (CDC) specification, subclass for Network Control Model (NCM) devices.
USB CDC/EEM Class Driver
This works with devices that are compliant to the Communication Device Class (CDC) specification, subclass Ethernet Emulation Model (EEM) devices.
The driver will be delivered customized for your product and signed with Thesycon`s code signing certificate.
Features of the USB network drivers
- USB Support. The drivers support USB 3.0, USB 2.0 and USB 1.1. Full and high speed modes are supported.
- NDIS 6.2 Support. Exposes a network adapter interface according to the NDIS 6.2 model for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
- Customization Vendor- and product-specific adaptations are possible. The driver will be delivered customized for your hardware and signed with Thesycon`s code signing certificate. Alternatively the customization can be done by licensee.
- Plug&Play. The drivers fully support plug and play.
- Power Management. The drivers support the Windows power management model. The network adapter is not stopped when the PC enters standby, sleep or hibernate. A device with Auto-IP address negotiation is not required to restart the negotiation after resume from a power down state.
- MAC Address. By default, the driver uses the MAC address reported by the device. If the device cannot provide a MAC address, the driver can use a MAC address defined in the INF file.
- IP Address. The IP address of the adapter can be assigned via DHCP, Auto-IP, or manually.
- Multiple USB Interfaces. Each of the drivers can be used with devices that implement multiple USB interfaces. A separate network adapter instance will be created for each network interface. Thesycon offers a multi-interface driver that is required to build an individual device node for each interface.
- Hardware Multicast Filter. The drivers support hardware multicast filter.
- Hardware Ethernet Statistic. The drivers support hardware Ethernet statistic requests.
- WHQL Certification. The driver conforms to Windows Driver Model (WDM) and can be certified by Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL).
- Driver Installer. A Driver Installer is available. It can handle the first-time installation, driver update or removal of the driver. The Driver Installer can be run with a graphical user interface or in silent mode.
x86 (32 bit)
x64 (64 bit)
Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry/Pro
Windows Embedded 8 Standard
Windows Embedded Standard 7 (WES7)
Windows Embedded Enterprise
Windows Embedded POSReady
Windows Server 2012 R2
Windows Server 2012
Windows Server 2008 R2
Thesycon also offers USB network drivers for Windows Embedded Compact, Windows CE and Windows Mobile.
Free Demo, Licensing conditions & Prices
USB CDC/ECM Class Driver: 2.50
USB CDC/NCM Class Driver: 2.50
USB CDC/EEM Class Driver: 2.50
To receive a free demo, prices or license agreement, please fill out the contact form.
For all drivers a demo version is available. The demo version is time-limited but has full functionality. After the device is connected the driver can be used for 4 hours, then the driver disables itself and the computer must be rebooted in order to use the demo again. The demo package includes the driver and the documentation.
NOTE: The driver described on this page is *not for use by end users*. It will not help solve any problems you may experience with a consumer device such as a webcam, camcorder, card reader, external sound card, etc. Thesycon’s device drivers are software components intended to be used by hardware or software manufacturers to create end products.
USB Vendor and Product ID
For each USB device model an official USB vendor ID (VID) is required. Vendor IDs must be unique and will be assigned by the USB Implementers Forum (www.usb.org). Registration fees will be charged.
Thesycon owns a USB vendor ID and offers a subset of product IDs (PID) to device vendors. For customers who have licensed USB software from Thesycon this service is free of charge.
Keep up to Date
If you would like to be kept informed of product updates, please subscribe to the Thesycon newsletter.
© 2016 THESYCON