TL-USBNet Device Driver for Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and 7
Thesycon’s TL-USBNet driver provides a network adapter emulation on Windows operating systems by implementing the specific network protocol on USB.
TL-USBNet device driver works with devices that are compliant to the following CDC subclasses:
- Ethernet Control Model (CDC/ECM)
- Network Control Model (CDC/NCM)
- Ethernet Emulation Model (CDC/EEM)
The driver implements a network adapter based on Microsoft's network driver model NDIS (Network Driver Interface Specification).
Features of the USB network drivers
- The driver supports USB 3.1, USB 3.0, USB 2.0 and USB 1.1. Full and high speed modes are supported.
- Exposes a network adapter interface according to the NDIS 6.20 model for Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.
- Exposes a network adapter interface according to the NDIS 6.50 model for Windows 10. Selective suspend is supported.
- The driver fully support plug and play.
- The driver supports the Windows power management model. The network adapter is not stopped when the PC enters standby, sleep or hibernate. A device with Auto-IP address negotiation is not required to restart the negotiation after resume from a power down state.
- Optionally the driver supports advanced USB power management including selective suspend.
- By default, the driver uses the MAC address reported by the device. If the device cannot provide a MAC address, the driver can use a MAC address defined in the INF file.
- The IP address of the adapter can be assigned via DHCP, Auto-IP, or manually.
- The driver can be used with devices that implement multiple USB interfaces. A separate network adapter instance will be created for each network interface.
- The driver supports hardware multicast filter.
- The driver supports hardware Ethernet statistic requests.
Customization of the Driver
- The driver will be delivered fully customized for licensee’s product.
- Customization includes USB VID/PID, file names, text strings, etc.
- Windows 10 version of the driver is signed with Microsoft Attestation signing.
- Windows 7/8 version of the driver is signed with Thesycon’s code signing certificate.
- Driver Customization Kit add-on: The Driver Customization Kit enables licensee to customize the driver by themselves.
Driver Installer add-on
- Supported scenarios: first-time installation, driver update, removal of driver software
- Interactive mode with graphical user interface
- Silent mode without user interface, enables integration into surrounding software installers
- Supports popup-free installation
- The driver is conform with current WHQL and Hardware Lab Kit (HLK) requirements
- To get a WHQL certification WHQL tests must be executed with licensee's device.
- The WHQL certification can be executed by licensee or Thesycon.
- If you are interested in a WHQL certification, please contact Thesycon for a quotation.
X86 (32 bit)
X64 (64 bit)
Windows Server 2016
Windows Server 2012 R2
Windows Server 2012
Windows Home Server 2011
Windows Server 2008 R2
Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry/Pro
Windows Embedded 8 Standard
Windows Embedded Standard 7 (WES7)
Windows Embedded Enterprise
Windows Embedded POSReady
Windows 10 IoT
Free Demo, Licensing conditions & Prices
This driver is a replacement for the former USB CDC/ECM, USB CDC/NCM and USB CDC/EEM drivers. Latest version of these drivers is 2.56. Licensees can upgrade to the new TL-USBNet driver.
Current version of TL-USBNet driver: 1.0
The free evaluation version of the TL-USBNet driver works for an interval of 60 days without any limitation. After that evaluation period has expired, the driver stops working.
NOTE: The driver described on this page is *not for use by end users*. It will not help solve any problems you may experience with a consumer device such as a webcam, camcorder, card reader, external sound card, etc. Thesycon’s device drivers are software components intended to be used by hardware or software manufacturers to create end products.
USB Vendor and Product ID
For each USB device model an official USB vendor ID (VID) is required. Vendor IDs must be unique and will be assigned by the USB Implementers Forum (www.usb.org). Registration fees will be charged.
Thesycon owns a USB vendor ID and offers a subset of product IDs (PID) to device vendors. For customers who have licensed USB software from Thesycon this service is free of charge.
Keep up to Date
If you would like to be kept informed of product updates, please subscribe to the Thesycon newsletter.
© 2018 THESYCON